Tis’ the time of year to be thankful! Although really I think that is silly…we should be thankful throughout the year, not just when there is turkey on the table. Last January I wrote a post about being thankful…I think it’s time to add to that list.
1. I am thankful for my family. Thankful for their support, guidance, and love. They have been the best role models & supporters anyone could ask for.
2. I am thankful for my friends. I feel very blessed to be surrounded by so many good people. People who put others first and are fast to lend a hand to help out someone else…even when it isn’t easy to do. Being away from home this Thanksgiving was sad…all the loving texts, emails, & phone calls today was a nice reminder how lucky I am.
3. I’m thankful for my boyfriend. Thankful that he has been so loving and supportive even though I live so far away. Thankful that he is so giving, sweet & that he laughs at all my jokes (even the really bad ones).
4. I am thankful to be free to make my own decisions…right or wrong. I am thankful that I am able to make my own mistakes & learn from them. Thankful that my mistakes haven’t really been all that big.
5. I am thankful I have a roof over my head, running water, heat, and food. I’m thankful that I don’t have to worry about any of these things disappearing next month or the month after.
6. I am thankful to be employed. No matter how much I may mutter about work or complain about my level of stress I am thankful to have a job.
7. I am thankful for my sanity. This may sound like an odd thing to be thankful for, but I’m thankful that I can make rational decisions, use common sense, see the big picture.
8. I am thankful for my education. It was a long road, but I’m thankful that I was able to stay focused long enough to finish, get that diploma, and put it to work.
9. I am thankful that I am willing to take risks. Thankful that I feel strong enough as a person to do things outside the box, off the beaten path, to march to my own drummer. And thankful that I have supportive people behind me all the way.
10. I am thankful for my creativity and thankful that I have the means to express my creativity.
11. I am thankful for my health. It may not be perfect, but I’m thankful I can get up out of bed every morning and do all the things I want or need to do throughout the day.
12. I am thankful that I realize these are things to be thankful for (this is a direct steal from the last list…but one that I believe so fully in…one that often gets missed…and one that I just need to say again!
I think it’s important to remember to be thankful for all things in life…both big & small. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!